Not sure about winter where you are, but it has been making its presence known here for a few days now... I love how life slows down this time of year (well, at least it's supposed to...), a crackling warm fire, baking, and settling in early. You??
If you love do-it-yourself fun, this is for you!
COZY WINTER HOME DIY Evergreen Essence Room Spray
- 15 drops Evergreen Essence Essential Oil Blend
- 10 drops Vanilla Oleoresin
- 10 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
- Add essential oils to a 2oz glass spray bottle, add a splash of witch hazel & top with water! Spritz on all the things!
DIY Frosted Forest Hand Soap
- Foaming hand soap bottle or recycle a YL one!
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Castile Soap
- 10 drops each Peppermint, Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil
- 5 drops Vetiver essential oil
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
- Add essential oils, Vitamin E oil and Castile Soap to the bottle, then top with water leaving 1" at the top
Sugar & Spice Wool Dryer Balls
There's something about the smell of warm fresh laundry fresh from the dryer - especially when combining Thieves Laundry Soap and essential oil infused wool dryer balls!
- Organic wool dryer balls
- Ylang ylang, Vanilla & Cinnamon Bark pre-mixed in a dropper bottle, about 10-15 drops of each
- Add 4-5 drops of essential oils to each dryer ball.
- Let the dryer balls air dry for about an hour or to speed up the process you can dry them alone. This will allow the oil to absorb into the wool and not transfer to your clothes.
- When it's time to dry your clothes - toss the dryer balls into the dryer with your clothing. Refresh the oils every 4-5 loads or more often if you prefer a stronger scent.
Winter Spice Orange Garland
This is one of our favorite things to do every year. It is beautiful, smells amazing, adds a lovely touch to any room and is so easy to make. It may be a holiday tradition for some, but leaving it up or making it in the new year is a great way to add a touch of brightness to your home!
- About 5 oranges or a mix of oranges, Clementines and grapefruit for varied sizes and colors
- Essential oils: Cinnamon Bark, Vanilla, Clove, Believe, Thieves
- Fresh cranberries and cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Slice your oranges in circles to ¼ to ½ inch in thickness and arrange them on a non-stick surface or parchment paper. Pour 2-3 drops of essential oils on each slice, then set them in a cool oven and turn the temperature onto the lowest setting your oven will allow. (If your oven does not go below 300, set it there and use a wooden spoon to prop the oven open slightly and allow some heat to dissipate.)
- Leave the slices in the oven for about 5 hours, then shut the oven off and leave the oranges in there overnight or until completely cool. They will be fairly dry, but will continue to dry out over time. You don't want to over dry them in the oven because they can start to burn!
- Once they are dry, string them with some twine, alternating with a few varying sized slices and a cranberry or two, a tied cinnamon stick, whatever you like!