I don't know about you, but I have no idea where October went, and November seems to be disappearing in much the same way...So hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week, then the holiday season is officially here. Are you ready? Here's a little help with more ideas coming over the next few weeks for foods, drinks, creating that holiday home even when you are cleaning, along with diffuser and roller blends...
Have fun with these simple DIYs that bring all the festive, holiday feels! Great to make for yourself to celebrate the season, but they also make pretty great gifts! Simply triple (or more) the recipe, place in your desired container, add a festive ribbon and/or label, and voila!
Under The Mistletoe Breath Spray
This little bottle will be your mistletoe BFF!! Perfect to pack in your purse, backpack or even stash in your car, this simple breath spray will have your breath feeling fresh whenever you need it!
- 10mL glass spray bottle
- 3 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Spearmint Vitality essential oil
- 1 tsp Thieves Mouthwash, optional
- Filtered water
- Put all ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well. Spritz into your mouth as desired!
Candy Cane Lip Scrub
This simple lip scrub is perfect for all your mistletoe moments this season!
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops Vanilla oleoresin
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil*
- Combine oils and coconut oil, then add sugar. Apply nightly to lips in a circular motion. Wipe off with a dry towel. Store in a glass jar. To make this extra special and creamy, whip the coconut oil in a stand mixer or handheld mixer until it is fluffy!
Winter Nights Holiday Body Scrub
If the North Pole had a signature scent, this just might be it! This simple DIY leaves your skin silky smooth and its scent is perfect for the season. Make it for yourself and/or package it up with a cute ribbon and gift it to a friend!
- 1/4 cup organic fractionated coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 15 drops Winter Nights (or Northern Lights Black Spruce) essential oil blend
- 10 drops Vanilla oleoresin
- Mix Winter Nights & Vanilla with fractionated coconut oil in a glass container, then add organic cane sugar and stir until combined.
- To use, massage into skin in a circular motion and rinse well. After exfoliating, moisturize with Young Living's Winter Nights Hand and Body Lotion.
Peppermint Latte Coffee Scrub
This simple DIY is always a crowd pleaser and is great for winter hands, especially when followed with the Very Vanillamint Body Butter.
- 1 cup organic ground coffee
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Vanilla Oleoresin (or EOs of choice - Cardamom, Thieves, etc.)
- Small glass jar(s)
- Mix coffee grounds and sugar together, then add melted coconut oil and essential oils. Mix well and place in a glass jar. Top with burlap and tie with twine and a sprig of fresh rosemary for a festive gift!
Vanillamint Body Butter
There really is no substitute for the Very Vanillamint Set, but if you missed out, then this DIY is your next best bet!
- 8-12 ounce glass container glass container
- 1/2 cup solid refined, organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic mango butter (or a mix of shea butter and mango butter)
- 1/2 cup organic jojoba oil
- 5 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops Vanilla essential oil
- Place coconut oil and shea butter in a bowl and whip with a handheld or stand mixer until fluffy and smooth. Slowly add in the jojoba oil, then the essential oils, mixing as you add. Whip for about five minutes or so. The longer you mix, the fluffier it will become!
Easy DIY Bath Bombs
If you missed out on the new Sweet Maple and KidScents Bath Bombs or want to DIY-it for a custom scent, this recipe is for you!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 2 Tbsp epsom salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 20-30 drops essential oil(s) of choice*
- 1 tsp water or more if necessary
- Silicone molds or large ice cream scoop
- In a large bowl combine baking soda, citric acid, and epsom salts. Stir well. In a smaller bowl combine coconut oil and essential oil. Slowly whisk wet ingredients into dry. It should reach a crumbly consistency.
- Your mixture is ready when you can mold it into a shape and it sticks without coming apart. If it is too crumbly, add in water, 1 tsp at a time. Mixture should be dry but able to hold a shape. To shape your bath bombs either pack them into your molds or a large ice cream scoop. Leave in the molds overnight, then remove carefully and place on a baking sheet to dry. Oil pairing ideas: Peppermint + Vanilla, Lavender + Peppermint, Lavender + Vanilla, Eucalyptus + Lemon, Believe + Vanilla, Gratitude + Tangerine
If you are like me, and diy-ing just isn't your thing, this is for you...These also make great stocking stuffers or small gifts for neighbors, teachers, hosts, etc. Pro Tip: Buy a 3 pack of foaming hand soap, the Under the Mistletoe Lip Balm Set, or the Sweet Maple Bath Bomb set to save money and time! Three gifts in one when you separate the sets!
For more gift ideas check out the ‘Holiday Gift Guide' resource!
Lavender Essential Oil + Eyelash Curler
- Lime Vitality + Cocktail Shaker
- Peppermint Vitality + Coffee Mug +/- Homemade Powdered Cocoa Mix
- Gentle Baby + Swaddle Blanket
- Purification Essential Oil Blend + Wool Dryer Balls
- Cinnamon Bark + Festive Tea Towel
- Thieves Essential Oil Blend +Loose Leaf Tea
- Rosemary Vitality + Olive Oil +/- Measuring Cups or Spoons
- Lemon Vitality + Glass Water Bottle
- Peppermint Essential Oil + Cork Yoga Mat
- Stress Away Roll-on + Good Book or Movie
- Joy Essential Oil Blend + Diffuser Jewelry
- Christmas Spirit Essential Oil Blend + Ornament
- Winter Nights or Christmas Spirit Foaming Hand Soap + Fresh Rosemary plant
- Sweet Maple Bath Bomb + Cozy Socks or Slippers +/- Lip Balm
- Lip Balm + Beanie or Headband